|2012 US Presidential Election||2020 US Presidential Election|
The 2016 US Presidential Election was the 58th american election, held on Tuesday November 8, 2016. After 8 years of Obama in office, People woke up and voted for Republican Nominee, Donald Trump over Democratic Nominee, Hillary Clinton. After the election results, the Left cried like babies.
- Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State (2009-2013)
- Bernie Sanders, US Senator of Vermont (2007-present)
- Donald Trump, Businessman
- Ted Cruz, US Senator of Texas (2013-present)
- John Kasich, Governor of Ohio (2011-present)
- Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida (1997-2005)
- Ben Carson, Doctor
- Rand Paul, US Senator of Kentucky (2011-present)
- Chris Christie, former Governor of New Jersey (2010-2018)
Third Party Candidates Edit
- Libertarian: Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico (1995-2003)
- Green: Jill Stein, Doctor
- Independent: Evan McMullin,
- Constitution: Darrel Castle,
On The IssuesEdit
Trump is pro-life. Clinton wants to just kill incident babies.
Trump wants ObamaCare to be repealed, which is going to help american families. Clinton supports ObamaCare.
Trump is personally a traditionalist, but says Same-Sex Marriage is settled issue. Clinton supported Same-Sex Marriage in 2016 and even put LGBTQ+ people in her campaign.
Trump oppose mandatory vaccination because he has inexperience vaccination damage before. While Clinton supports mandatory vaccination so children will get autism.
Republican Donald Trump won 306 electoral votes, while Hillary Clinton won 232 electoral votes. Trump flipped the states of Ohio, Iowa, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. This was the first time the states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan went Republican since the 1980s. Trump also won the Maine's 2nd Congressional District. On December 19, seven faithless electors casted their votes for other candidates, Trump loss 2 electoral votes and Clinton lost 3. Colin Powell won three electoral votes from Washington (state), and John Kasich and Ron Paul each won one electoral vote from Texas, Bernie Sanders won one electoral vote from Hawaii and Faith Spotted Eagle won one electoral vote from Washington (state).
Donald Trump was inaugurated on January 20, 2017 to serve as the 45th US President.