"Yes, we can!" - An example of the Democrats' typical sentimentalistic rhetoric
|In Control Of:||Presidency, Senate|
|Highest Ranking Official||President Barack Obama|
|Ideology|| *Liberalism (American) |
|Party Chair||Debbie Wasserman Schultz|
|Senate Leader||Joe Biden, Harry Reid|
|House Leader||Nancy Pelosi|
|Governor's Chair||Peter Shumlin (Elect-Vermont)|
The Democratic Party is one of the two major political parties in the US, along with the Republican Party. It is the party of pro-abortion, high taxes, anti-personal freedom, big government, and overspending, secularist liberals. The current President of the United States, Barack Obama, is a Democrat.
The modern Democratic Party began during Andrew Jackson's 1832 campaign for President of the United States. Jackson actually decided to make his party's symbol the donkey after being called a "jack-ass". Their original policy consisted of defending the supposed right of states to extend slavery into the Western territories, propping up the slave-holding aristocracy of the South in the name of creating white socialism through out the social strata by subjugating blacks beneath them as a whole. After failing in their efforts to maintain the practice of slavery in the US during the Civil War, Democrats seemed to disappear from the political scene quite for a bit, but soon came back to fight for high tariffs in the Progressive Era. Once that failed, the Democrats produced their one somewhat-decent President in history, Franklin D. Roosevelt, who played an active role in World War II. Unfortunately, the Donkeys were never able to nominate a competent member of their party for the general election thereafter, and America was placed in the hands of President Jimmy Carter, also known as the worst President in American history. Not only did he cripple the nations' economy, but was the first president to alter the unemployment rate report so that it didn't include those who had dropped out of the workforce. He also embarrassed the US on the foreign policy stage. After four years of disaster, he was replaced by the greatest President in American history, Ronald Reagan.
For 12 years, America was safe from the grip of a Democratic President; however, in 1992, the American people mistakingly elected Bill Clinton, a man who had been disastrous for the economy of Arkansas as governor. What is interesting about this election is that Republican incumbent George H.W. Bush would have won had it not have been for third-party candidate Ross Perot. Perot, stealing much of the Conservative vote, ran again in four years, handing Clinton a reelection the same way he did in 1992. During both terms, President Clinton showed that he lacked any morals by having an extramarital affair with a woman named Monica Lewinsky. He later denied this charge under oath, a crime punishable by impeachment. For some strange reason, he was not voted out of office by Congress. His party was, however, quashed by George W. Bush and the Republicans in 2000. Luckily, the nation wouldn't see the liberals rear their ugly heads again until 2007, just before the economy crashed.
On January 4, 2007, all reasonable Americans watched in horror as Representative Nancy Pelosi took control of the gavel of the Speaker of the House. This transition symbolized the shift in Congressional power from Republicans to Democrats. Once behind the wheel, the Donkeys drove the economy into a ditch by passing enormous spending bills and by continuing to pass unbalanced budgets. These acts caused the worst recession in American history since the Great depression, making the Democrats far too worthy of being kicked out of office. Unfortunately, the liberal media was too powerful; they glorified an inexperienced Senator named Barack Obama who campaigned on empty talks of "hope" and "change" with virtually no substance. The media made him appear as if he was divine before the American people, and the small-minded were fooled into voting him into the White House.
So far, President Obama has managed to increase the unemployment rate, increase the deficit, add to the national debt, increase the number of foreclosures, tarnished the morals of the US Military, impose unconstitutional mandates in a heath care law, bailout failing companies to the harm of the taxpayer, give in to his far-liberal colleagues, and he claims that he's "just getting started."
Party Leadership Edit
In Spring 2011, Congresswoman Debbie Wassermann Schultz became the 52nd Chairperson of the Democratic National Committee. By taking this office, she assume the responsibility of fundraising to spread lies throughout the country by ways of television ads and mailers. Her ultimate goal is to promote the liberal agenda, whether it's best for the nation or not. She is joined in the task of helping Democrats get elected by Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Chairwoman, Senator Pat Murray (WA), Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman, Steve Israel (NY), and Democratic Governor's Association Chairman Governor Martin O'Malley (MD).
House Leadership Edit
After being replaced by John Boehner as Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi moved on to fulfill the office of Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, a position once held by now-majority leader Eric Cantor. Pelosi has been called the "Queen of protecting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security" by her liberal colleagues, but her record shows that she is really the master of spending these programs into bankruptcy. Her most infamous example of this is her passage of Obamacare while she was Speaker. Claiming that Congress had to "pass the bill to find out what is in it", Pelosi never read the legislation in the first place. Instead, she passed it blindly so that Americans would be forced t pay for the Health Care plan determined by the federal government.
Senate Leadership Edit
The US Senate is currently facing a Democratic-held majority, led by Senator Harry Reid of Nevada. Also failing to read Obamacare before passing it, Reid is the President's puppet. He will pass anything anywhere with anyone that Obama tells him to. Reid has been accused of caring about himself rather than his nation, seeing as he often leaves Washington and vacations in his Nevada mansion during important debates on the Capitol.
Republicans Who Used To Be Democrats Edit
Many patriots throughout the years have realized that although they were raised by Liberals, on the inside they were truly Conservative. A few notable examples are:
Positions and Stances Edit
Note that not all Democratic Politicians concur with the following beliefs. They are simply the stances on the Democratic Party's platform.
- Democrats believe that raising taxes on wealthy business owners will create jobs.
- Democrats believe that the federal government is responsible for creating all jobs.
- Democrats deny that the unconstitutional mandates in Obamacare will hurt jobs.
- Democrats refuse to believe that the EPA's regulations hurt jobs.
- Democrats regard government jobs as a higher level than private sector jobs.
- Democrats want to raise taxes on small businesses, which will destroy jobs.
- Democrats believe that raising taxes on both individuals and businesses is the best way to decrease the deficit.
- Democrats believe that the second best way to decrease the deficit is by cutting military spending, even when it is vital.
- Democrats would rather raise taxes and cut national defense than cut pensions for those who live off of taxpayer money.
- Democrats are pro-abortion, meaning they believe it is within a woman's rights to cancel her baby by killing him or her before birth.
- Democrats believe that a woman's "choice" is not whether or not to have sex, but is whether or not to kill her child.
- Democrats tag those against abortion as "anti-women"…even the women…
- Democrats do not respect the sacred status of marriage between one man and one woman. They apparently want to alter the meaning of marriage to something it never applied to before in all of history, as otherwise there is no justification for calling the union of two homosexual men or women "marriage".
- Democrats ignore the "in God we trust" motto our nation adopted and the "one Nation under God" part of the pledge of allegiance.
- Democrats do not care if the Second Amendment calls for gun rights; they wish to ban the use of guns.
- Democrats believe that the government holds the right to impose unconstitutional mandates on the American people.
National Security Edit
- Democrats have adopted a "lead from behind" foreign policy, per Barack Obama's own words.
- Democrats are unwilling to secure the nation's border with Mexico.